Last Friday I was at work for my 3rd 12 hour shift in a row and I was in charge. They weren't particularly busy days but I was tired nonetheless, it is wearing to have to make so many decisions and be everyone's go-to person for that many days in a row. So in the middle of the afternoon I get yet another call from the unit secretary wanting to know where I was and if I could come up to the front desk for a minute. Hesitantly I went never knowing what sort of situation I will be walking into. Our unit services coordinator was standing there and she handed me a stack of tickets and said that our nurse manager told her to give them to me to get rid of. I looked and it was 7 tickets to see the Carolina Hurricanes and 2 tickets for the Duke women's basketball game vs. Clemson. I was in utter shock!! This was the first time in almost 5 years that being in charge had some sort of perk :-)
I gave away the basketball tickets but no one really wanted the hockey tickets so I took them. I have been wanting to go to a game for awhile but have never had the opportunity, so I sent out an email to a few friends and a group of us went. It was so much fun!! Our seats were pretty high up but we were at center ice so we could see all the action.
On another work note, yesterday I took care of the smallest baby we have ever had on our unit. It weighed in at a whopping 330grams (that's a little over 11 ounces for you non-nicu people). After seeing her and taking care of her, it makes me want to have all these pro-choice/pro-abortion people to come and look at her and see how something so small is so perfectly formed and created by our Creator!! It is nothing short of a miracle!!
1 comments:
I've always wanted to go to the hockey game as well. Maybe when we get back to the states we'll be able to go!! Hope all is well! Love ya and miss ya!
Post a Comment