Today I experienced a small victory on my journey to becoming a healthier, more fit me. In the past, after finishing a race, my after-race recovery has turned into an extended break from exercise period. It's pretty much a repeated cycle, train for a race, take a 'break' (which inevitably turns into months of no exercise and bad eating), and then decide I need some sort of motivation to exercise so I register for another race and force myself to start training. But this time has been different...lately I've been feeling convicted on a spiritual level about how poorly I treat my body. I have very poor eating habits and struggle to make exercise a part of my daily/weekly routine. So I have been praying that the Lord would change my heart towards food and exercise and help me make lasting lifestyle changes. When I came home from Boston, I took a week off from running and last week jumped right back into my running routine and went running 3 days last week!! Baby steps :) So I woke up today (my first day off this week), fixed some breakfast, caught up a little on my dvr, and then laced up my running shoes and was out the door. About halfway through my run, I realized that today I was one of 'those' people today-the people that enjoy exercising and don't let a little rain get in the way of their routine. This was a small step and yet a huge victory for me!! In the past I would have used every excuse in the book to avoid exercise, especially rain, but today the thought never crossed my mind. The war is far from over, but I am so thankful for winning today's battle :)
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment