Monday, June 8, 2009

TRIing something new

It has been WAY too long since I posted...I think it had been so long that I was getting the blank page fear that I used to have in college when I wrote a paper..haha :-) I wanted it to be meaningful, so I didn't just want to post something silly.


Well this past weekend I once again strapped on my running shoes for a race, but this time it was a little different. I was part of a relay triathalon team and it was a blast!!! Several months ago some of coworkers started talking about this race and how fun it would be, etc. So a few of us decided it would be fun to form a team and that spurred a few more and we ended up with 3 relay teams and 1 individual doing the whole triathalon himself.

So on Sunday morning I got up at 4:30am and drove up to Kerr Lake with three of the other girls for the 8am race. The weather was gorgeous (a little hot at the end), everyone did great and was so supportive of each other, and my team did not come in last place!!! I have done several races and I think this one was by far my favorite. There was something about being there with so many friends who were all so supportive and encouraging of each other and having so many people standing at the finish line cheering me on. It made me miss doing team sports because of the sense of comraderie and teamwork. Our goal is to make this an annual ICN event and recruit some more teams for next year!!

Here are a few photos from race day:






1 comments:

Erin said...

Congratulations, Sus! That is awesome! Love the pictures, too!!